One of the best properties of an Epson Printer is, as the ink cartridges of the printer are about to run off it gives you a warning and at times stops printing further to avoid any badly printed documents.
While this feature is awesome for some but it can also be annoying for a few. Let us now see how to bypass ink cartridges on Epson printers.
So, How to bypass ink cartridge on Epson printer?
In order to bypass the ink cartridge on an Epson printer, you can try:
- Opening and closing the ink cartridge lid
- Resetting the ink cartridges
- Redistributing the ink of the cartridges inside the ink cartridge
Let us now understand all the above three methods in detail and see what are the steps to follow to ensure we bypass the ink cartridge on an Epson Printer.
How to open and close the ink cartridge lid on an Epson printer?
To open and close the ink cartridge lid of an Epson printer you will have to follow the given steps carefully such as:
- Carefully remove the main cover of the ink cartridge and gently press on the ink button and hold it
- You will now see that the ink holder is slowly moving back to its original position
- Slowly open the lid of the ink cartridges now
- Close the lid of the cartridges again
- Now close the main lid of the cartridges that you had opened earlier
You must now have bypassed the ink cartridge on your Epson printer. Removing the ink cartridge lid of an Epson printer is perhaps the easiest method to fix the issue.
Do note that this method may not apply to the Epson printers which have microchips on them since these chips are mainly used to detect the level of ink in the cartridge and once the level of ink goes down these chips do not allow any further printing no matter what.
How to reset ink cartridges in an Epson printer?
In order to reset ink cartridges in an Epson printer you can try physically resetting the cartridge by using a cartridge chip resetter which is also known as the cartridge reset tool. The next option is to reset the ink cartridges is by swapping the cartridge chips.
How to reset the ink cartridges in an Epson printer using a cartridge chip resetter?
A cartridge chip resetter is a small tool that has pins on it and is powered by a battery.
To reset the ink cartridges in an Epson printer using a cartridge chip resetter you will have to
- Slowly press the pins from the resetter to the pins which are there in the cartridge
- Now just wait as the resetter will do its magic
Your ink cartridges should now be reset. Please note that while using a resetter it is always advisable to use a resetter with just one cartridge chip resetter for one printer. Do not try and use the tool to reset multiple ink cartridges as it might damage your printer.
How to reset ink cartridges in Epson printer by swapping the cartridge chips?
To reset the ink cartridges in an Epson printer by swapping the cartridge chips you will need some full cartridges which you will be refilling into your old and empty cartridges.
To do so you will have to smartly swap the chips of each of the cartridges with the chip of the other cartridge. Once you have swapped all the chips reinstall the cartridges once and your old cartridges should be ready to be used.
By doing so you are trying to confuse your printer and making it believe that you have installed new cartridges into it and hence the printer will start functioning again.
How to redistribute the ink of the cartridges inside the Epson printer?
To redistribute the ink inside the ink cartridges of an Epson printer you will have to remove the cartridges from the printer and shake them well before placing them back into the printer again.
To do so you will have to follow the given steps carefully
- Ensure that your printer is on and is working
- Now slowly pull the printer cover out
- You can now see the ink cartridges moving back and forth as the printer is still in use
- Wait for some time until the printer stops and there is no movement at all
- Now slowly press on to the taps which are there in front of each of the cartridge
- Lift the tabs of the cartridges one by one straight out to ensure the cartridges have all stopped
- Turn off your printer now and unplug the main power as well from the power outlet
- Wait for some time so that your printer’s memory can rest
- Now shake the cartridges well so that all the ink in the cartridges are distributed
- Once you are satisfied place all the cartridges back into the printer carefully
- Now connect the power cord to the outlet and turn on your printer
By now you have redistributed the ink of the cartridges inside the Epson printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have some more issues with the Epson Ink cartridges? See if the below FAQs help you out.
1. Can I print with only the Black cartridge when the color cartridge is over?
Yes, you can. Use the Black print mode to get printouts in black and white color.
2. Can I use a 3rd party cartridge with the Epson printer?
Yes, you can use a 3rd party cartridge but you will have to go into the printer preferences and disable the Epson Status Monitor function.
Hope you found the solution to your problem in this article. The steps highlighted above are very easy to implement and you now should be able to bypass the Epson ink cartridge without many difficulties.