If you are looking at buying a printer then there are several options available in the market these days right from printers with wires to wireless printers.
However, once you buy the printer then connecting it with the WiFi network is the most crucial part. In today’s article, we will guide you in connecting your Canon printer to WiFi.
So, How To Connect Canon Printer to WiFi?
To connect your Canon printer to a WiFi network and print through a wireless connection, you will first have to connect your computer to the wifi connection and then establish a wireless connection between the printer and the computer.
Here is how you can connect Canon Printer to WiFi:
- Press the Power button on the printer for a few seconds and this will turn it on
- Now press the Settings button for a few seconds for the display to turn on
- Using the arrow buttons, navigate towards the Device Settings and click OK
- Now keep pressing the arrow button for a few seconds until the LAN settings open and click ok
- Press on the arrow button once again for a few seconds to open Wireless LAN settings and click ok
- Your printer will now start searching for the available WiFi network and once it can find the network the light in the printer will start blinking
- If the entire process takes a long then click on the Stop button and restart the entire process from Wireless LAN settings
- Once the printer can find the Wifi network it will ask for the WPS password
- Enter the password for the devices to get connected and click ok
Once the printer is connected to the WiFi network you will get a notification saying Connected and you can start using the printer. This method of connecting the printer to the Wifi is known as the LAN method. Before connecting your printer to the WiFi do make sure that you have an active WiFi router and it is turned on.
Also, you should have the name of the network and the WiFi password ready and handy with you. Once your Canon printer is connected to the WiFi you will also have to connect the printer to the computer for you to be able to start printing.
How to connect a wireless Canon printer to a computer?
To connect your wireless Canon printer to the computer, you will have to add the printer through the Printer and Scanners option. Here is how you can do it.
- Turn on your computer
- Open the search key and type printer on it to begin the search
- Click on Printers and Scanners device settings
- Now refer to the manual that has come with your printer to begin connecting the printer with the computer. Please note that the process to connect a printer to the computer depends on manufacturer to manufacturer and also from model to model. Each model will have a different way of connecting to the computer hence depending on your printer model follow the instruction manual
- Once you are done following the instructions you will be receiving a notification saying “Add a printer to your device”
- Click on the name to your printer from the drop-down list and click ok
- Your Canon printer should now be connected to your computer and you can start using it
Sometimes for various reasons you may face an issue where your Canon printer is not visible even though it was earlier connected to the Wifi network. In such situations just follow the instructions given below.
How to find my Canon Printer?
To locate your Canon printer on the computer, visit the Printers and Scanners option and it should be listed there. Here are the steps to do it.
- On your computer open the search button and type printer
- Select printers and scanners
- Click on add a printer or scanner
- Once you click on add a printer or scanner you will get a box with the name of maybe a printer on it or sometimes it will be blank. Just below the dialogue box you will find written: “The printer that I want isn’t listed”. Click on this
- From the list of options that you will get now from the drop-down select Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer
- You should now be able to see the name of your printer on the list. Click on it click on ok
Your printer should now be connected to your computer. At times you will still face an issue where your canon printer will refuse to get connected to a wireless network. This could happen due to several reasons right from connection errors to faulty cables and drivers.
Why is my Canon printer not connecting to a wireless connection?
The main reason why your Canon printer won’t connect to a wireless connection could be due to software issues. This can be fixed by a simple restart of the printer and the wireless device. But here are other troubleshooting steps as well.
- The network connection between the printer and the Wifi could be weak and can be resolved by shutting down both the WiFi router and the Printer. Once they are shut down wait for 30 seconds and turn the devices on again and see if the issue is resolved.
- Rare but possible that you have plugged in your printer and turned on the power but have forgotten to turn your printer on. During such a situation you cannot connect the WiFi and the printer.
- If your WiFi and printer are both connected to a different network then also you will face this issue and not be able to connect both the devices to each other.
- Sometimes if the power cable of your printer is faulty or damaged then also you will face the issue of connecting your printer to the WiFi network
- Lastly, ensure that your printers driver is not corrupt and is working fine for it to connect with the wireless network
We hope you have enjoyed reading this article and understood how the Canon printer can be connected to the WiFi network. This article will also help you connect your wireless Canon printer to the computer once the WiFi network is connected. So the next time you decide to buy a Canon printer you can easily refer to this article which will guide you and help you in connecting your Canon printer to your WiFi network successfully.