Epson printers are known to be one of the best printers available in the market because of their quality and the value for money.
However, all technical gadgets tend to give problems at times and so do some of the old models of Epson printers. A common problem that the printer gives is an error code 0x97.
So, How to fix the Epson Error Code 0x97?
In order to fix Epson error code 0x97, start by disconnecting and reconnecting the Epson printer. Most of the time, the printer restart will solve your issue. Alternatively, you can also try cleaning the printer head to fix the issue.
To Reconnect Epson printer:
- Ensure that your printer is switched off
- Ensure there are no papers that are jammed on the printer by checking the printer case
- Remove the cartridges from your Epson printer and out them back again
- Unplug the power cables from your printer along with the USB cables if any
- Now replug the power cables and the USB cables back into the printer
- Once all the cables are plugged correctly switch on your printer once again
The Epson error code 0x97 must be fixed by now and your printer should be ready to use.
What is the Epson code error 0x97?
The Epson code error 0x97 is a warning message given by the printer due to an internal hardware problem that usually occurs if the printer is being used for a long duration of time. Although this error message has come up with a lot of Epson printers, it is most common in the Epson Workforce series.
Once the Epson error code 0x97 appears you will also get a notification asking you to switch off your printer and turn it on again. Once the Epson code error 0x97 appears on your screen you will not be able to use the printer until and unless the error has been fixed. Some of the Epson models where this problem commonly occurs are
- The Epson WF-4630
- The Epson WF-7610 and
- The Epson WF-364
Why does the Epson Error Code 0x97 appear?
Apart from the code appearing when the printer is overheated some of the other reasons why the Epson Error code 0x97 appears are
- When the motherboard of the printer corrupts or crashes
- When the hardware of the printer malfunctions
- When a few of the internal components in the printer fails
- One of the rare reasons why the Epson error code can appear is also when the printer head is dirty or the nozzle of the printer is clogged.
- If the software you are using for your printer is outdated and not compatible with your printer
- At times the Epson error code also appears when you force shut your printer
In case you are not able to fix the Epson Error code 0x97 after disconnecting and reconnecting the printer you can try a different method to fix the issue such as cleaning the Epson printer.
Also, if have a Canon printer, you can check out how to connect canon printer to wifi!
How to clean an Epson Printer?
To fix the Epson error code 0x97, we must make sure that the printer is cleaned properly. For this, you will have to open the printer and then clean the print nozzles as well as the cartridges.
Here is how you can do it.
- Ensure you have a clean and wet cloth to do the cleaning
- Turn the printer off by clicking on the power button
- Open the Epson printing casting from the back of the printer
- Clean the nozzles of the printer using the wet cloth
- Ensure there is no dust or dirt in the printer
- Clean the internal parts of the printer especially the mechanical pad
- Use a dry tissue to clean it all up once again to ensure there is no water left
- Now wait for 15 minutes so that the printer can dry off completely
- Assemble all the pieces and plug the printer on
Most of the time cleaning the printer thoroughly and then restarting it again helps in fixing the error code 0x97. If the problem persists you can try the other method that is cleaning the printer print head.
How to clean an Epson printer’s print head?
To clean an Epson printer’s print head, you can do the following.
- Before beginning the process make sure that the printer is turned off
- Remove all the plugs from the power circuit
- Now open the printer and remove all the cartridges
- Place the cartridges on a dry tissue paper upside down
- Remove the print head from the printer and clean the bottom of the printer to ensure you remove all the ink stains
- Dip the printer head in warm water for 15 minutes and dry it off completely
- Place all the pieces back into the printer including the cartridges
- Now turn the printer on and see if the problem is fixed
In most cases, cleaning the printing head usually resolves the Epson error code 0x97 issue however if this attempt was also unsuccessful then you can try on the last method which is updating the print driver.
How to update Epson printer driver?
In order to update Epson printer driver:
- Right-click anywhere on the blank screen of your computer
- Select the option Software Update
- On the windows printer settings click on the utility
- Select update driver and click on ok
Your print driver must now be updated and the Epson error code 0x97 must be fixed. Switch on the printer and try printing a document if the effort was successful.
We hope that you have found today’s article on Epson error code 0x97 interesting and useful. We hope the article was easy for you to understand and in the future, if you ever receive the Epson error code 0x97 on your screen you will be able to fix the issue with the help of our article.