With technologies advancing so rapidly today things like scanning and printing are no more an issue as they can be done from home.
It is now possible to print from your iPhone and iPad. Do you know how?
So, How to print from iPhone?
To print from your iPhone and iPad, you can use the built-in iOS AirPrint app. This allows you to send photos/ files/documents directly from their phone to the printer which is AirPrint compatible. To start printing from the app these are the steps that you will have to follow:
- Ensure that the printer and the iPhone or the iPad are both connected to the wifi network
- Open the document/picture/file that you would like to print out
- Now click on the share button and select the option to print
- A print preview option will appear which will show you a preview of your printout
- Click on ok if you are ready to move to the next steps and getting your documents printed
- Select the option printer and choose the AirPrint enabled printer from the list
- Now choose the number of copies that you would like to print
- Now tap on the print button which is on the upper right corner of the screen
Wait for your documents to get printed now. A few things that you should keep in mind while using the AirPrint app is that both the printer and your iPhone or iPad should be connected to the same wi-fi network.
Also before using the printer ensure that your printer supports AirPrint without which the printer won’t work.
Do note that AirPrint does not support wired printers and they only work with wireless printers. If this is your first time using the AirPrint with your Apple devices such as iPhone or iPad then you might require to enter the unique password of your AirPrint app to get both the printer and the AirPrint connect.
How to get AirPrint password?
If you connect your Printer and the iOS device directly to each other, you might be asked for a password. You can get this password from the Wireless Direct menu on the printer. You can also get it from the AirPrint app and the steps are listed below.
- You will now see a dialogue box that will say “Password required for Printer”
- Go to your iPhone or iPad and open Printix which is an installed app for iOS
- Select the menu on the top right corner of the screen
- Now select the AirPrint password by copying it
- Switch back to the screen where the dialogue box for the Printer had appeared
- Paste the password in the dialogue box and click on ok. Here you may leave the username empty
The printer and the AirPrint app are now connected and ready to be used. Do note that this action is needed to be performed only once as the app will now remember the password for the future.
How To print from iPhone without AirPrint
To print from iPhone without AirPrint, you can use an app like PrintCentral. If you do not have an AirPrint compatible printer and not even planning to buy one soon you can still get your printouts using third-party apps.
All you need to do is install it on your Apple device and connect it to the printer using the wifi connection after which you can start using the app. A lot of companies like HP, Epson, etc also make these apps that are compatible with your Apple devices and act as much as the AirPrint app. Some of these apps that these companies make are Xerox print POrtal app, HP Eprint app, and Epson iPrint app.
How does AirPrint work?
AirPrint works by creating a wireless network between the printer and the iPhone or iPad. While using AirDrop, both the devices need to be close to each other to be able to find each other. Similarly, while using AirPrint, the printer and the iPhone or the iPad should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
How Do I Change Print Size on the iPhone in AirPrint?
To Change Print Size on the iPhone in AirPrint”
- Firstly on your iPhone or iPad select the file or the document that you want to print wirelessly and click on the share button
- Click on Print and go to Options
- You can now choose the number of copies that you want to print, you can choose if you want a color or black and white print and you can also choose if you want your printout to be a letter or anything else
- Once you are done with the settings click on the tab Print to get the documents printed.
You can also change the size of a photo before printing it from your iPhone or iPad using the AirPrint app. To adjust the size of the picture you want to print, you will first have to crop the picture on your phone’s default photo app.
- Once you are done cropping the image select Frame Icon which is on the top right-hand side of the screen
- Now select the type of photo that you would like to print such as Landscape or Portrait mode
- Once you are done selecting and making the changes click on the Done icon and get your photo printed the same way as mentioned above.
Which printers are AirPrint compatible?
Some AirPrint enabled printer are:
- Canon Pixma G4510
- HP Tango X
- Canon Pixma G5050
- HP ENVY Photo 7164
- Canon Pixma TS8350
- HP Officejet Pro 7740
- Epson Workforce ProWF-4745
- HP Color Laser 150nw
- Epson Expression Premium XP-6105
- HP Pagewide Pro 477dw
Some of the printer that are easily available on the market and are AirPrint enabled are from brands like Samsung, Lexmark, Brother, Lenovo, Dell, Canon, Epson, and HP. Each of these brands manufactures two different types of AirPrint enabled printers which are both inkJet and laser models that will allow you to print from your iphone.
How to make your printer AirPrint compatible?
In case your printer is not AirPrint enabled then too there could be a way of using the app. All of have to do is change the existing ink refills in your printer and buy new ones with the AirPrint feature at the same cost as your ordinary ink refills.
Another simple way to make your printer compatible is by using the paid app called Printopia which is a Mac app. By downloading this app, you will be able to able to print from your iphone and iPad as it will make your printer compatible with your Apple devices and allow you to use AirPrint controls.
The apps which are AirPrint enabled lets you print your documents without the trouble of installing any additional drivers or configuring your printer settings. It is one of the easiest and convenient apps to be used which works on all Apple devices and any iOS model easily. Hence going forward you can start using this and make your printing process easier.
We hope you have enjoyed reading the article today and found it helpful. we hope that in the future if you ever need my help on how to print from your iphone or iPad you can go through this article and refer to the points mentioned which will help and guide you step by step.