HP printers are known to be one of the best printers available in the market which give very high-quality prints. One of the best features of the HP printers is the ability of the users to protect their printers with the help of a password of their choice.
Although the HP printers come with their default passwords, users can later change it to a password of their choice.
What is the default password of my HP printer?
In order to find the default password of HP printer, visit the Wireless Properties of the printer connection in control panel and then find the option to display the password.
Here are the detailed steps to find the default password of HP printer:
- Ensure that the WiFi is on and that the internet connectivity is on in your printer as well
- Turn on the computer and head to the control panel
- Now click on the network menu to open the entire menu
- Go to the connection panel and select the open network and sharing center option
- Now click on the change adapter settings
- Now right click on the status of your wireless network
- Now click on the wireless properties option and a menu will drop down
- Click on the security option and select the option which says show character options
- Your default password will now be seen on the screen
- Note down the password so that you can use it in future
All the HP printers that you purchase from the market come with a default password. Hence it is important that you first figure out the password and then change it at your convenience to ensure that your printer is not easily accessible to everyone. After we have figured out our default password for the HP printer let us now see how to reset the password.
How to Reset HP Printer password using EWS?
You can change an HP printer’s default password by opening up the EWS page and then using a reset password option to generate a new password.
Here is how you can Reset HP Printer password:
- Firstly ensure that the printer is connected to the computer and both the printer and the computer are connected to a network
- On your browser open this link- https://192.168.223 and you will be redirected to the EWS page of the printer
- Now from the EWS page, you will have to go to the network section
- On the topmost side, you will see the icon which says HP wireless direct. Click on it and go to the settings option
- Now on the settings option tap on to edit settings which will take you to Privacy Centre and then reset password option
- You will now be asked to enter the default username and password
- Enter the username as admin and the default password as 01234 and click on next
- Click on edit password now and a small box will appear. Enter the password of your choice here and click on next
- Now click on ok and click on confirm
Your default password has now been changed.
How to Reset HP Printer’s default password by Restoring Network settings?
You can also change the HP printer password by first resetting the network setting to factory settings and then entering the default password that came with the printer. Once this is done, you can change the password to a customized one.
Here are the detailed steps to Reset HP Printer’s default password:
- Turn on the printer and click on the home button
- Once you are on the home screen, click on the setup option by using the arrow buttons
- Now from the setup screen, click on the network option
- You will now be able to see an option that says Restore Network Defaults. Click on it
- Click on the start button on your computer
- Go to the settings menu and click on the Device and Printers option
- You will now see the HP Printer option. Double click on it to open settings
- Now right-click on settings and choose the properties option
- You will get a drop-down menu here. Go to the password window now and click on it
- Now go to the Change option and enter the current default HP printers password along with its username
- You will now be allowed to change the default password and enter a new password of your choice
- Now click on save new HP wireless printer password and click on ok
Your new password is now been changed and updated. You can similarly change your new password going forward too if ever you feel the need to do so.
We hope you enjoyed reading this article today and found it helpful. The steps given in this article are very easy to follow and hopefully, the next time you buy a new HP Printer or have problems with your existing HP printer then this article will be able to help and guide you. You can follow either method 1 or method 2 to change the default password.